In the News
International Mars Society Links
News & Content
Whole Mars Catalog
MS In the News
New Mars Forum
Mars Images & Charts
The Winnipeg Chapter holds its monthly meetings in Winnipeg, but membership is open to all residents of Manitoba.
Chapter meetings used to be the third Friday of each month, but our room booking has been bumped. Check here for next meeting date and location.
To join the Winnipeg Chapter, send an email to
or just show up at the next meeting.
To become a member of the Mars Society, click on Join Now.
There are no dues for chapter membership, and individuals who have not purchased a membership are welcome to attend.
Friday-Sunday, May 17-19, 2013
Raddison Hotel, 288 Portage Ave.
Next monthly meeting:
Tuesday, May 28, 2012, at 7:00pm
Millennium Library downtown. One of the Tutorial Rooms, ask at the desk on the second floor inside the Library.
Web pages for several projects have been created. These projects are also available to all members of the Mars Society.
The Existing Russian rockets web page is informational, but all other projects are intended for member participation.
The projects are:
To join a project, click Projects at the top of the page, then select the project you want. Each project has a separate group.
- Mars chemistry set - developing a student's kit to conduct many of the chemistry described on this website
- MCP spacesuit - to promote the club and demonstrate what is Mechanical Counter Pressure, we're making an analogue suit for demonstrations
- Dish array Deep Space ground station - an array of surplus analogue satellite TV dishes to receive data from NASA probes orbiting Mars
- Ion engine - a reduced size version of NASA's ion engine, intended for a micromission probe to Mars
- Greenhouse - soil simulant and enclosure; design an inflatable structure for Mars that can grow plants on Earth in winter
- Chloroplast - designing a biochemical machine to manufacture carbohydrate using photosynthesis